As the end of December approaches and another year winds down, you can count on Gene posting his annual "end of year lists." Rather than stealing his approach entirely, I thought I'd toss out a few of my own 2004 triple shots.
Musical Obsessions
The Muffs--Really, Really Happy
Metric--Old World Underground (a 2003 release that I played almost non-stop in 2004)
theStart--Initiation
Comic Book Favs
Astonishing X-men (Writer: Joss Whedon)
Star Wars: Republic (Clone Wars Era)
Teen Titans
This has been a rotten year for my favorite comics. The Avengers Disassembled (horrible story and relaunch), Iron Man rebooted (again--and the stories still suck), and the Green Lantern monthly (starring Kyle Rayner) ended (Green Lantern: Rebirth looks promising but I'll withold judgment until I see what they do with Kyle).
Films
Garden State
Finding Neverland
Travellers and Magicians
DVDs
Firefly: The Complete Series.
Star Wars: Episodes IV, V, VI
Hero
Cool Moments
New baby on the way.
Job offer from Small Midwest College.
One year anniversary.
Books Read
Citizens of the Empire (Robert Jensen)
Being Made Strange (Bradford Vivian)
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert Pirsig)
Television
Angel Finale
Resurgence of Star Trek: Enterprise (Much improved stories this year).
Teen Titans & Justice League Unlimited
Most Overhyped News Story
Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction
The freaking election
The Peterson trial
No comments:
Post a Comment