My apologies for the lack of blogging. It's silly season at school and wave after wave of grading keeps crashing on my shore. 75 papers roll in on this Thursday, 40 next Tuesday, and 100 next Thursday. After that, finals week! That means I have 180 final exams to grade. Woohoo!
If that wasn't enough craziness for the next couple weeks, I'm flying out of town tomorrow AM and won't return until Friday afternoon. Last week, a school contacted me and invited me for a campus interview/visit. What does that mean? That means I'm one of three finalists for a tenure track position. As a finalist I get flown in for 36 hours of intense interviewing and a research presentation. Starting tomorrow evening, I interview with 7 faculty members, the Dean of the college, and a group of current students. To avoid totally jinxing myself I'll keep the name of the institution under wraps. Any positive energy sent my way (I'll be somewhere in the Midwest) would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, and I had a conference call interview with the search committee at another school yesterday morning. That was a very weird experience. I'm one of those people who really likes to see the facial expressions of the people to whom I'm speaking. As I couldn't see anyone to gauge a reaction, I have absolutely NO idea about how I did. If I don't hear back from them, I'll have my answer.
2 comments:
Good luck, or rather, good skill with your interview! I don't want you to leave but I do want you to succeed, so I will devoutly hope that this works out for you.
Hearing about what you'll have to present makes me sick with fear that I'll accidentally get asked to interview for the CSU position. I know it won't happen (I estimate the odds of me actually getting the position at about 1%, maybe lower, and thus the odds of me getting interviewed at perhaps 3-5%) but still.
Good luck and safe journey. I hope things turn out the way you want them to.
Post a Comment