A few random thoughts.
- I take great solace in the fact that I'm the same age is Denny Neagle and not half as stupid.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Animated fans rejoice!
- After a slow start and an embarrassing blowout last week, the Nuggets seem to have their shit together. The real test will be the upcoming 7 game roadtrip. My prediction: Nuggets go 2-5 and fans will be calling for Bzdelik's head. Historically, the Nuggets are absolutely terrible on this eastern swing. I see no reason to think things will go differently this time around.
- I'm giving serious consideration to dropping any Marvel comic that doesn't involve Kurt Busiek or Joss Whedon. The Thunderbolts and Amazing X-men aside, the "new" Marvel comics aren't very impressive (and haven't been for some time). On the verge of being cut from my reading list are The New Avengers and Iron Man. I've read these two titles for the better part of 20 years and both have been exceedingly mediocre for the last couple years. All the recent changes in artists and writers just aren't to my liking.
- On a more positive note, I love all of my present DC titles (Green Lantern, JLA, JSA, Teen Titans, The Outsiders). The Dark Horse Stars Wars titles are also exceptional.
- My present mindset is yet another reminder of my lack of patience. I hate waiting to hear important news (or a lack thereof).
- Students really need to learn that waiting until the week before finals to "discuss my course grade" really isn't a wise strategy. Any bets on how many times I'll have to say, "I don't offer extra credit" or "we should have been discussing strategies to improve your grades right after the 1st midterm"? Having I mentioned how much I dislike the end of a semester?
- I'm a little concerned about the rate with which my students' grandparents have been dying over the past week. It's a very odd epidemic, indeed. I may contact the Colorado Department of Health if the trend continues. To try and stem the tide, one of my colleagues now requires students to bring a bulletin from relevant commemorative services. According to said colleague, grandparents of her students seem to be in great health.
- Colorado higher education is still in dire straights. I need to get out of this state, pronto.
2 comments:
If Denny had any sense at all (which, as you point out, is dubious), he'd take the release, get out of town, and forget about the money. With Vinny Castill gone and Preston Wilson and Shawn Estes not being offered arbitration, the Rocks are a AAA team at best next year. He'd likely have a better year with Tampa.
I've totally given up on the Rockies. That team is doomed for mediocrity. The only time the franchise will get a penny of my money is when the Cubs roll into town.
Post a Comment