Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuck

More rants about women and comic book art. This time, the cover dissected features Black Canary, Power Girl, and the most ridiculous costume in comics. Did someone sit around one day and suddenly exclaim, "I know, I'll give Power Girl a boob window! I'm so freaking brilliant" ::draws like a sex deprived fanboy because that's the only person who could think up something that ridiculous::

Comment of the day:

Of course, I always wonder why comic book hero males will have huge muscles, inhuman proportions in all areas but one... why do we have no "baskets" on the men? I mean, for any of these poor guys to mate they'd have to be able to protrude beyond their thigh and abdominal muscles... yet it seems all superhero males wear dance belts and tuck.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Ridiculous costume.

And looking at where her head is in relation to the rest of her body (i.e., her torso), she must have a spine like a Slinky (c).

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. Turner can almost be as bad as Liefeld in proportions. I'm not sure whose idea the Magic Cleavage Window (tm) was, but I do know that an artist back a ways kept drawing PG's chest bigger and bigger to see if anyone called him on it.
Nobody did.

Michael said...

Does Power Girl have telekinesis as one of her powers? Because based on that first picture, that's the only thing I can imagine that's keeping her from sagging all the way to her waist. Either that, or she's wearing an adamantium underwire.

Michael said...

Of course, I always wonder why comic book hero males will have huge muscles, inhuman proportions in all areas but one...

Maybe all those heroes who put on Spandex and smack each other around are overcompensating for something...

dilliwag said...

"Maybe all those heroes who put on Spandex and smack each other around are overcompensating for something..."

hehehe. The comic book version of the sports car?

When it comes to Power Girl and her ability to keep her endowments elevated, she should thank her lucky stars that she's a Kryptonian living in the land of the yellow sun.

Michael said...

hehehe. The comic book version of the sports car?

Certain members of our graduating class and their Pontiac Fieros come almost irresistibly to mind.....