Saturday, April 01, 2006

Midwest or Bust

After several fun filled days in the Rocky Mountain region, STK, TLO, and I are packing our bags and heading back to the Midwest tomorrow AM. To say this has been a busy trip would be an understatement. Thankfully, the business of it all has been offset by the thrill of spending time with friends and family. We managed to see J & T (who just happened to be back visiting T's daughter), all our Goth friends (J, C, M, TLR [the newest gothling], S, K, K's new boi, G, M), STK's family, and my family. We also managed to hit most of our favorite restaurants, coffee houses, CD stores, and a couple of used bookstores. Tattoos were inked, V for Vendetta consumed, and two flavors of taffy, banana & black licorice, procured.* I managed to finish my chapter proposal and even graded a handful of papers. Alas, I have many, many papers to grade in the Element during our long drive back tomorrow. Sunday afternoon and evening have already been designated official catch-up-on-school/grading hours. That's the price for traveling, I suppose. I think it's a price well worth paying.

We've decided that we'll give the entire drive a shot--it's about 15 hours with all the stopping required by the dogs and TLO. Fortunately, I have relatives about 11 hours or so into the trip. If we're tired, we've made arrangements to crash for the night. So, I should be back to my regular sporadic posts early in the coming week.

*More proof that Natalie Portman can act and that George Lucas somehow managed to suck the acting life of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, it is 16 hours. You lose an hour this weekend.

...another government plot to keep us tired