Monday, April 17, 2006

The Elusive Academic Americano

Are you kidding me? This is my dream research. Why didn't I think of this as a research project?!

His research has taken him to 300 Starbucks in six countries for a caffeine-fueled opus titled "Consuming Starbucks" that's due for publication in 2008. He is one of several academics studying a type of 21st century cafe culture — Italian coffee in an American package — that has spread rapidly around the world.

I'm open to any and all suggestions regarding the intersection of coffee, popular culture, and rhetoric. Something about conspicuous consumption, perhaps?

5 comments:

Your Host said...

If there was ever a research project with your name on it, that one is it.

Anonymous said...

::agrees wholeheartedly with Tiff:: yeah..special since you have people who drink too much coffee and all they are full of is rhetoric :) heh

Your Host said...

How are you doing, Nicke? It's been a while since we've talked.

Anonymous said...

Hey tiff..yeah its been a long while. I'm still alive :) How you?

Your Host said...

I'm doing okay....just trying to keep it together in time for finals.