Today was one of those interesting days that doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. I did a little bit of everything, in fact.
*STK and I caught the morning matinee of Batman Begins. If you're a fan of Batman, you should probably see this movie. Excellent backstory and terrific fight sequences. Nolan, the director, finally managed to catch the movements and fighting style of Batman on film. Batman doesn't fight criminals straight up. Instead, he uses stealth and the element of surprise to beat them senseless.
*Checked on student loan consolidation and, if I'm understanding the information correctly, I've been approved. That should save me tens of thousands of dollars over the next 30 years.
*Contacted realtor about progress toward selling the hacienda. The metro area real estate market has been pretty slow for a couple of months and we're looking into some new ways of spurring interest. We discussed everything from open houses, to expanded listings, to feng shui.
*Worked out for an hour.
*Watched Hitch with STK and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although Hitch starts as the "date doctor," by the end of the movie he discovers what I've known for years: there are no rules to dating. I should totally write a book on this topic--maybe I could get on Oprah! I'd love to kick Dr. Phil's ass all over national television. Figuratively, of course.
All of the above are really ways we're trying to distract ourselves from the impending arrival of TLO. He's now three days overdue and, by doctor's orders, we're in Let-Nature-Take-Its-Course mode. Another reminder that I'm not very good at letting life proceed at its own pace. When did I become such a control freak?
2 comments:
Dunno if you're happy with your realtor or not, but if not, let me know and I'll hook you up with mine.
- Sheila
I'm glad to hear you say such good things about Batman Begins. I'm rather excited to see that, but it's going to wait until after our big move.
Post a Comment