At 6:42 AM, Gareth Michael entered the world of the living. Despite a rough delivery that ended in a C-section, both mother and son are now doing fine. Although I'm not really sure why, everyone keeps telling me his vital statistics are kind of important. He weighs in at 19 inches and 7.89 lbs.
I'm off for a quick nap and shower before returning to the hospital. More later.
6 comments:
I've posted a poem welcoming him in my journal. Congratulations and love to you both!
- Sheila
Hooray! Congratulations to all of you, Derek. Please give your baby boy a hug from all of us.
Great news! I'm beyond happy for you and STK. You'll make great (if somewhat unconventional) parents!
And I love the title of the post, incidentally. I'd been half-expecting something of this type.
And, I just realized, I'll always be able to remember his birthday. It's exactly a month after mine, and a day before another day I usually mark each year.
Hooray for Derek! Congrats :D
-Susan
Congratulations! Yes his vital statistics will be quite important over the next serveral years.
Post a Comment