I stumbled across several decent pieces regarding the flag burning issue. Enjoy.
Burning Desire.
Flag Burning a Non-issue.
Flag Worship.
Salazar Backs Flag Proposal.
The final article really gives me pause. When I voted for Ken Salazar, a Democrat, I assumed he would represent the views of those on the left. I guarantee that 80 percent or more of those who voted for Salazar oppose the idea of a flag burning amendment. If that's the case, and I truly believe that it is, why is Salazar voting for the amendment? I'm sorry he has images of his father's flag draped coffin etched in his mind, but that doesn't mean he should go out and cast a vote based on personal feelings. He can deplore the burning of the flag and still respect a person's right to do so. Michael made this argument, quite eloquently, on his blog.
You can bet Senator Salazar will be getting a phone call from this unhappy constituent.
1 comment:
Thanks for the props...dog. Or is that 'dawg'? I never mastered that whole 'urban slang' thing. Rural slang, on the other hand....
Post a Comment