Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Picture Show

Earlier this morning Michael wrote:

On behalf of all your regular readers, we are happy for you and wish you and your little family the best. But we need to see pictures. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. ;)

Your wish is my command. Visit Almost Obi-wan for all things Gareth.

I'm sure someone is bound to ask, "Why'd you start another blog for kid pics and updates?" That question can be answered in a couple parts. First, Rhetorical Imprints is my little corner of the cyberverse. If I want to drop the f-bomb fourteen times in a post, this is the place to do it. If I want to let Dark Derek creep out a bit, this is where he makes an appearance. As odd as it may sound, I'm not sure I want my expletive laden posts adjacent to an entry about a first tooth. Second, I vent about family on Rhetorical Imprints from time to time. To avoid the inevitable hurt feelings of family members, I've decided to keep them sheltered from my wrath. If I post pictures on Rhetorical Imprints, family members will stop by several times a week to see if there's anything new. It's probably best to save my father the annoyance of yet another liberal-minded post regarding gay marriage, the stupidity of the Iraq war, etc.; we fight about that stuff enough as it is. Almost Obi-wan is a place where he can enjoy the exploits of his grandson without my vitriol and irreverent humor (not that Rhetorical Imprints has displayed much of either, of late).

Enough about Almost Obi-wan.

The doctor gave STK and GMS the okay to head home late Sunday afternoon. Since then, we've been settling into what we hope will be a somewhat regular routine. For the first couple days it was all about survival--eat, sleep, change diapers, repeat.. Changing STK's diaper was a much more involved process than GMS's. That, I suppose, is a tale left to her telling. Monday evening, STK, GMS, and I watched the AFI tribute to George Lucas and then followed up the festivities with a viewing of the A New Hope DVD.

He cannot escape his destiny*--he will be a Star Wars geek.

*Speaking of destiny, check out Michael's post at Army of Dorkness.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Impressive. Most impressive.

We will all be watching his career with great interest.

Anonymous said...

Derek-

- I am glad to see you are already indoctrining your offspring in the all that is good and holy and sacred (Star Wars).

When the day comes when I, too, will have spawnage, I will not only have him/her watching the saga from the get go, I will make sure that he/she will have its own little robes...to match mine, of course >_>*

You will be my official inspiration to raising future spawnage ^_^

-Susan

Norma said...

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

YAY derek! I finally got to see the pics. Adorable!! Still lurkin around trying to find a connection. Am home for the evening and for some reason can connect with this comp. Good luck with your move. Miss ya!

love,
nicke