Friday, June 11, 2004

Un-f*cking-believable

Newsflash: Women, feminists, Muslims, and the academic left implicated in prisoner abuse scandal!

::bangs head on desk:: I am appalled that I'm reading this kind of drivel. Do people really believe this stuff or is this simply sensational journalism? It's probably a bit of both, I suspect.

How the prisoner abuse scandal came about is more than a little obvious to me. When you have an administration that's willing to "take the gloves off", coupled with an organization that systematically teaches its members to dehumanize the Other (we're talking the military, folks), you're asking for trouble.

1 comment:

Your Host said...

I was listening to a news report Wednesday and found it troubling that the administration said, as early as March 2003, that the US was under no obligation to stand by it's treaties in a time of war- and that includes any treaties regarding the mistreatment of prisoners. Now that they are standing before the Supreme Court on the matter, it appears some backpedaling is in order.