Unknown Creature
This occured Friday morning at 5:00 am. I was only half awake and not wearing my glasses/contacts. Without some kind of vision correction, I'm essentially blind; I can see shapes and shades but not actual images.
Derek begins to roll out of bed and sees something on the floor
Derek (thinks to self): What the fuck is that?!
Jumps back into bed and tries to examine black thing scurrying on floor
Derek (still thinking to self): How did the cat get in the room? Wait, is that the rabbit? How did she get our of her cage? Um, the door to the room is closed. How did anything get in here. Shit! What is that thing?!
Kathleen, noticing Derek's alarm, shoots straight up in bed.
Kathleen: What's wrong!?
Derek: There's an unknown creature in our room.
Kathleen (panic creeps into voice): What? What the fuck does that mean?
Derek: It's on the floor, running around.
Kathleen looks at the area Derek's inspecting
Kathleen: It's Clay.
Kathleen flops back into bed and Derek tries to get his racing heart under control
So the unknown creature turned out to be Clay, our Keeshond. As a result of my groggy state and poor light (it was 5 am), I couldn't distinguish between the carpet and his body. All I could see was a dark blob, his face. He must have moved when I started to get out of bed, leading to my perception of an unknown creature running around the room. Kathleen and I have laughed hysterically about this episode for the last 24 hours. Last night, she admitted she was ready to run from the room when I mentioned, "unknown creature." She also asked, "What kind of person says 'There's an unknown creature in the room' rather than 'There's something in the room'?" Good question.
No comments:
Post a Comment