Random Conversation: Impeccable Shoes
Stranger: You have impeccable taste in footwear.
Me: Thank you.
The impeccable shoes are the black and white wingtips (5 Eyelet B/W Wing Tip X). Oddly enough, comments about my dress happen on an almost daily basis (five of seven days, probably). Kathleen says it's one of the oddest things she's seen. People will walk across a parking lot to stop me, holler across a street, or offer a drive-by comment as I'm passing by. The most common comment, by far: "Is that the Green Lantern symobl on the back of your jacket? Cool. How did you do that?" Second most common comment: "Cool hair."
I don't know what it is, but random comments just seem to come my way. Strangers must find me approachable or something. Here are two odd conversations from the last couple weeks. The first happend at our local recreation center, the second in a movie theater restroom.
Scene I
::I'm laying on the floor doing ab crunches with my eyes closed::
Stranger: Hey!
Derek (startled, my eyes open): What?!
Stranger: Are you exercising or sleeping down there?
Derek (responds while crunching): Uh, exercising?
Stranger: Keep up the good work!
Derek (still crunching): Uh, okay.
Stranger (gives thumbs up).
Scene II
::I'm standing at a urinal, a stranger stands to my right::
Stranger (turns to look at me): Man, I could give a shit about the Lord of the Rings! For the last 20 minutes of that movie, all I could think about was the Lord of the Porcelain.
Me: Uh, yeah. That's a long movie. Good, though.
Stranger: Woooeeeh!
Me (scurries away as quickly as possible).
I really have no idea why these things happen to me. Regardless, I find the incidents more than a little amusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment