Monday, May 21, 2007

Worst 416 Weeks Ever

Carter, a Democrat, said on Saturday in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that "as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

Are the Democrats paying attention to Carter? This is how you go about taking a President to task. Carter may have been a below average President, but I'd say he's achieved the "Excellent" level as a humanitarian.

UPDATE: After reflecting on this article further, I can't believe the White House is characterizing a Nobel Peace Prize winner as "increasingly irrelevant." Typical. Anybody who disagrees with or criticizes this administration is apparently irrelevant, including the majority of US American citizens.

6 comments:

Lord Mhoram said...

It's a funny trend with Democrats. They make really bad Presidents, but really good ex-presidents.

I've seen both Clinton and Carter do much more good as ex presidents then they ever did as presidents.

While I tend conservative, I have to agree with Carter. It's been bad having the two worst presidents in history back to back; from different parties no less.

Michael said...

Yeah, I can get behind these sentiments. But for Jimmy Carter, of all people, to be calling anyone else out on foreign policy seems...incongruous. I don't recall him doing all that well in the area.

dilliwag said...

He did manage to broker a pretty important peace agreement during his Presidency. While there's no doubt Carter was an average President, his after President successes have been significant. They don't give the Nobel Peace Prize to people who are clueless about foreign relations. Maybe he learned from his mistakes, something the current President can't seem to do. Heck, he won't even admit he made any mistakes.

Michael said...

True enough. If you're not going to learn from your mistakes, why bother making them in the first place?

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah.

He learned a great deal over the interviening years. I was never much impressed by Carter the President. But some of the stuff he has done in recent years is impressive.

Give him an Cabinet or Embassaderial post. Maybe send him to the UN. If it wouldn't seem a step down.

Michael said...

Hate to be pedantic about this, but with each year having an extra day (i.e., 52 weeks and 1 day, with two on leap years), it's actually the worst 417 weeks ever.