Cubs. Watch out! The Chicago Cubs are above .500 and ready to pounce on their National League Central rivals the Milwaukee Brewers. Of course, the Cubs will probably lose the next five straight just to make my life miserable. Still, the five game winning streak has been a nice salve to the nasty wound I received from the Nuggets. Freakin' team. I hate how they break my heart every. damn. year. Give me the summer to recuperate and I'll be praising Kenyon Martin's return as the move that will vault the Nuggets into true contender status. I'm such a sucker.
Commander Guy. Decider guy. Commander guy. I have no clue guy. I've been trying to avoid the realm of politics and the Iraq war these days. My son, A, heads for his tour of duty in late July and every time I read a report about casualties, I wince a little. Whenever I think about Commander Guy running the show . . . man, I don't know what to think. Fuck war. What a stupid way to solve problems.
Cool Looking Phones. A phone as a fashion accessory, eh? I am so behind the times. I use my cell phone to make myself available to TLO's daycare and STK, not to look cool. I can't take pictures, surf the web, or any of that fancy stuff. I have to admit, though, that when I flip my phone open I sometimes make the Star Trek communicator sound in my head and have an overwhelming urge to say, "Stevens to Valiant. One to beam up."
18 comments:
Mom got her first flip phone to do that very thing, I suspect. ;)
Go Sabres!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who geeks like that. I haven't done it yet, as Vtrek is a pretty distant memory, but I can certainly see myself doing something on that line.
We replaced our cell phones recently. Nancy got one with Internet and multimedia capability; it also plays MP3s. Me? I replaced my basic, entry level phone with...exactly the same phone. What can I say? It does what I need it to do, which is make and receive calls, and the reception is great. That's all I ask of a phone.
http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6010/
I can't even remember the name of the XO character. Man, did that crew hate me.
People aren't allowed to hate Gene.
Working in the cel-phone industry I have seen some stuff that boggles me.
Personally I have the free phone I got with work. I would just use it till it died, then replace it.
The average cel-phone user switches phones every 6 months, and the window is shrinking - likely to be 3 months between new phones this time next year. So phones as fasion accessories is actually not uncommon.
We sell all sorts of cases, and people buy multiple cases to go with different outfits. I've seen that happen specifically.
Me, I just want to be able to make the calls, and get them. Other stuff is neat, but I have an mp3 player, and don't take pictures.
They did indeed hate me. I think it started when I suggested that the CTO (recovering alcoholic) was on the sauce.
That crew really did hate you. Who was the XO? It wasn't Phil--he was the next XO, I think. Where the heck is Nicke? She always remembers this vTrek stuff. The one you accused of being on the sauce was Cris. I think.
That crew loved me.
I played your first XO, but I can't remember the character at all.
The Frenchman (Phil) was good. I can't remember if Neal was in that first group.
Ill bug her more :D
Ah, that's right. You were there to keep an eye on me for a few sessions. Didn't that character vaporize in a nuclear explosion?
Not a single tear was shed.
::looks at Susan:: subconciously? I did have the enterprise as my screen saver on one of them :)
::notices a strange name on the list-Gene:: Yeh they hated you. Used to dis you in the lounge all the time :) They just didnt understand your genius..heh
Gene: you could say hello once in awhile.
Neal was there though not right off-Harbinger,phil, zyrc-what a wild time :)
Come to think of it, pretty sure my own crew hated me too.
I got some nice email after I left. Phil wanted to transfer BACK to my group. Which was funny.
I can't speak for all of your crew, Gene, but you weren't so bad. Of course, I was also brand new to the game, so I didn't know any better.
No subconcious about it mum, I believe you actually said that was a reason you wanted a flip phone .. it was more "Trekker"
Actually when we killed off that character it sort of blew them away. It was the equivalent of stunt casting.
Something like that was never done before, even in the AOL game that Chad and I were in prior to MSN.
Post a Comment