Sunday, April 10, 2005

Snow Day!

Just when you think winter has left Colorado for good, a little snow rolls into town. I was running outside sans shirt on Saturday afternoon; today, I'm mucking through slush wrapped in the cold-resistent layers of long underwear, fleece jacket, scarf, hat, and bulky pea coat. Okay, a little snow is a gross understatement; area meteorologists are reporting anywhere from 10-20 inches of the white stuff. Schools throughout the city have cancelled class and that means STK has an unexpected day off tomorrow! We were talking earlier this evening about a blizzard a couple years back that resulted in three consecutive snow days and she said, "Remember how excited we'd get as kids when we found out about a snow day? I get that same excitement as an adult." Even though we've checked the school district website and confirmed school is cancelled tomorrow, she keeps checking all the various school closure listings.

The fact that this storm brought the entire city to a halt is kind of silly. While people were freaking out about horrible road conditions, I dug out my faithful little 1995 Honda Civic and STK and I managed to run several errands AND drive across town to meet some friends for dinner. Who needs an SUV when you have my car? Actually, my car is fantastic in snow. I'm not sure why, but my car cruises through icky road conditions with the greatest of ease. Some would say it's the tires, the front wheel drive, or maybe a combination of both. Personally, I think it's the outstanding driver behind the wheel.

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1 comment:

Michael said...

> Personally, I think it's the outstanding driver behind the wheel.

Wow, humility *and* great driving skills. You really are the complete package!