I'm not much for reality television. In fact, I think most reality television sucks. Still, I've managed to get seduced to the dark side by a couple of reality series: Blowout, Project Runway, and The Apprentice. The Apprentice, which is in its 3rd incarnation, has grown increasingly tedious. I loved the first season, enjoyed the 2nd, and find myself annoyed by the 3rd. While there have always been irritating individuals among the cast, there seems to be an abundance in this group.
Since the beginning of the 3rd season, I've disliked one "candidate" more than any of the others. I give you Chris, the biggest asshole to ever grace the halls of Trump Towers. I'm not kidding. I think this guy is the most abrasive, rude, foul-mouthed, and hot-tempered person I may have ever encountered. Thankfully, I only know him from television. If I met him in person, I'd probably be rethinking my commitment to non-violence within minutes of our initial encounter. The guy regularly screams at colleagues, blows up in the boardroom, and carries himself with a total lack of class. His greatest television moment came when the weekly task required him to dress up as a clown and work with kids. The loser put a "dip" of tobacco in--dip is right--before interacting kids. Hey, everyone loves a clown with brown spittle! The guy chewed tobacco while working with little kids and Trump didn't fire him. Trump ripped him a new one but DID. NOT. FIRE. HIM. I'm not sure how Trump ignored my exhortations to "Fire that fucking loser!"--which I'm sure he could hear all the way in New York City--but he tuned me out. Bastard.
Imagine my anguish when I fired up Firefox this evening and the loser's mug appeared on CNN.com.
Apprentice Chris Arrested.
He was apparently being too loud and abrasive in a hotel lobby. When asked to quiet down, he refused. According to a police officer, "He was loud and he just wouldn't calm down." The poster boy for anger management wouldn't calm down? Imagine that. I hope he had that dip in because I doubt they allow tobacco products in the local detention center.
Justice is served.
3 comments:
See, my reality addictions are 1) The Amazing Race - cos I like the pre-existing relationships and because Whit and I are going to enter Season 9 and win the million - and 2) Mr. Romance, because my girlfriend got me to watch two eps the other night and then we ran across half an ep tonight and now I just hafta tape the final "pageant" on Sunday because it's SO BAD.
Are they doing another season of Project Runway? Cos I might hafta watch that.
---Sheila
Your observations bring up an interesting question: what do chewing tobacco and reality shouws have in common?
Answer: they both have addictive qualities, and have both been lionked to irreversible brain damage. IMHO.
And on a completely unrelated note, when I first saw the title of your post, my initial thought was, "Has 'The Apprentice' featuring Martha Stewart hit the air already?"
Post a Comment