Somehow, I don't think Jesus would support the crap being spewed by the religious right. Check out all this ridiculousness.
*Creationism rears its ugly head, once again. Public schools in several states now have new rules when it comes to teaching evolution. Are you fucking kidding me? Didn't we have this debate back in the 1920s? Folks, creationism has NO place in public schools. Teach your damn intelligent design theory (a fancy term for creationism) in Sunday school. As someone who contributes to public schools via property taxes, I oppose the idea of presenting religious ideology via a biology class. When my child is old enough to attend public school, I'll absolutely flip my lid if someone uses a science class to teach my child that a religious myth is a viable counterpoint to scientific theory. Talk about pseudo-science. I suspect Jesus worked on the principle of attraction rather than promotion. I can't see Jesus hijacking a science class to do some preachin'!
*Kill the terrorists, even if a few civilians get in the way. 100,000 civilian casualties don't matter. Kill the terrorists! Let freedom ring. Just so everyone understands my stance on this: if you voted for Bush in 2000 or 2004, I hold you personally responsible for every single one of those deaths. I wonder what the Christian Prince of Peace would think about those numbers?
*As a moral person, you should love lepers, prostitutes, and thy enemy, but it's okay to hate homosexuals. They're undermining the American way of life and threatening the institution of marriage! Maybe I didn't learn enough about him during my 28 years as a student of his teachings, but that just doesn't seem like Jesus' style.
Given that I walked away from Christianity eight years ago, I suppose it's possible I missed something in Jesus' teachings but I doubt that's the case. My problem with Christianity was always the people who claimed to be followers of Jesus' teachings. More often than not, I found myself wondering what freakin book these people were reading because they definitely weren't getting the same message as I. Ultimately, I decided that no one text or spiritual view of the world had the answers, has the answers, or will EVER have the answers. Oddly enough, I think Jesus would probably be okay with that. President Bush and his sychophantic followers obviously disagree.
Get on board the neocon evangelical express, folks! If you're not with 'em, you're against 'em. And we all know how this administration deals with opposition: you're bombed, arrested, asked to resign your cabinet post, ignored, or marginalized.
No comments:
Post a Comment