I'm sitting here with ibuprofen coursing through my veins, new Asics on my feet, and a bag of frozen peas down my pants. No, I haven't developed a bizarre sexual fetish involving anti-inflammatory meds, running shoes, and frozen vegetables. I wish. Instead, I've added a nagging, and very painful, hip injury to my never ending list of running-induced aches and pains. After adding several new stretches and strengthening exercises to my daily routine, all of which will remain, I broke down and bought a new pair of shoes. I don't think my shoes are the root of the problem, but a new pair certainly won't hurt. I also bought a new pair of inserts to go in my shoes (I buy my running shoes .5-1.0 size bigger than normal to accomodate foot swelling and inserts). The hip problem has been around for several weeks and has finally reached the point where it's affecting my running. Normally, the muscles loosen up after a mile or so. The last three days, that hasn't been the case. So, intense rehab is the order of the week. Lots of ibuprofen, ice, and light exercise.
The weekend wasn't completely filled with hip pain. While running errands a couple days ago, STK and I stumbled across a treasure chest of cool toys. The following items made it home with us:
Obi-wan Kenobi Unleashed
RingWraith on Horseback
Teen Titans 3.5" Figures*
*I was going to wait to buy these. STK decided I needed to make sure I grabbed all the figures when I had the chance. End result: I now have all six of the figures pictured on the linked site.
1 comment:
On that dreadful Saturday when I moved, a thought occurred to me as I was limping back to the train station after dropping off the U-haul rental. It was something I had read, written (I presume) either by a motivational speaker or an ad executive from Nike. That nugget of wisdom was this platitude:
"Pain is the sensation of weakness leaving the body."Right. If I ever meet the guy who wrote that, you can bet I'll help a little weakness leave his body....
Post a Comment