Monday, August 30, 2004

A Challenge Met . . . Kind Of

A couple weeks ago, Mike and Curtis put together their dream bands. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at the names of guitarists, bassists, and drummers. To be honest, I really don't know who's good and who isn't. I just know when I like the sound of a band, particularly the vocals. ::shrugs:: So, rather than trying to blow smoke I'm going to adjust the musical challenge. Rather than a band, I'm going to put together my dream team of female vocalists. I don't really want to see any of these women work together, they're just some my personal favorites.

Toni Halliday--Curve
Aimee Echo--theStart
Kim Shattuck--The Muffs
Elisabeth Elmore--the Reputation
Anna Waronker
Brode Dalle--The Distillers
Karin Peris--Innocence Mission
Diana Krall
Emily Haines--Metric
Nina Persson--The Cardigans
Gwen Stefani--No Doubt
Kay Hanley

Oddly enough, I think Gene introduced me to at least five of the women listed.* He's got my musical preferences pegged. If you have any female-fronted punk, pop punk, or indie rock suggestions, send them my way.

*Gene's somethingoutofnothing blog is still on hiatus. Here's to an eventual return. I miss reading your blog, Gene.

No comments: