Monday, August 09, 2004

Music Quiz: Songs A-Z

Mike came up with a bit of a twist on the music quiz. This time, the goal is to generate a list of songs beginning with each letter of the alphabet. The only limitation, as per Mike's instructions: you cannot use more than one song from any artist.

Curtis completed the task in short order. Unlike Curtis, this one took me quite a while. In fact, I got so frustrated at one point that I almost quit. Almost. Here's the deal: when it comes to music, I rarely pay attention to song titles. When I hear something playing, I can identify the album and usually the track #, but I'll be damned if I can remember the title.

Here's my list.

A) Atomic-Blondie
B) Blackbird-The Beatles
C) Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft-Klaatu
D) Death to the Post-Rock Elite-Glitter Mini 9
E) Everywhere I Go-The Muffs
F) Feed the Tree-Belly
G) Gorgeous-The Start
H) Halloween-Siouxsie and the Banshees
I) I Wish You Well-Josie and the Pussycats (& Anna Waronker)
J) Johnny Feelgood-Liz Phair
K) Killer Queen-Queen
L) Lavender-Fifty Foot Wave
M) Moment of Weakness-Bif Naked
N) New-No Doubt
O) Oh Bondage Up Yours-X-Ray Spex
P) Peace Of Mind-Boston
Q) Queer-Garbage
R) Rebel Yell-Billy Idol
S) Songbird-Fleetwood Mac
T) Tonight-Sixpence None the Richer
U) Untiedundone-The Creatures
V) Volcano Girls-Veruca Salt
W) When I’m Thinking About You-The Sundays
X) Xanadu-Olivia Netwon John (I was a kid. Sue me.)
Y) You’re No Rock and Roll Fun-Sleater-Kinney
Z) Zirconium Gun-Visqueen

Okay, I had to go back to my childhood for Xanadu. Either that or I was going to put X-Files Theme or X-jet (an obscure track from the X-men Soundtrack). Yes, I really did like Olivia Newton John--she was my first celebrity crush.

::sings to self::

Hopelessly devoted to yooouuuuuu . . .

No comments: