Saturday, May 08, 2004

A Minion of Satan!

According to the following article, I'm doing the Devil's work!

The pentagram is worn too casually as an adornment to believe otherwise. The casual prevalence of body-piercing in both males and females, rendering the flesh susceptible to infection for the sake of vanity, is one of the most sinister cultural developments of recent times. I don’t know about bookshops in the States but walk into any Brit one and you see the prevailing cultural appetite in the rows and rows of books on true crime and serial killers. As Alan Bloom recorded in The Closing of the American Mind, the most critical cultural influence on the young is music, and from the Sixties onwards, when the now Sir Mick Jagger proclaimed his sympathy for the devil (‘I killed the Tsar and his Ministers’, ‘I rode a tank and wore a general’s rank when the blitzkrieg came’), the message of Christian rejection is the one that’s blasting through the headphones. The mistake was not taking Sir Mick at his word.

I regularly display two pentagrams, nine piercings, and four tattoos (each of which indicates my interest in spiritual paths other than Christianity). I'm sure the music to which I listen isn't going to score any points, either. If I try REAL hard, I can smell the fire and brimstone that await me in Hell. Wait, that's someone smoking outside.

I'm off to grade papers. In the name of Satan! ::gives the heavy metal hand gesture::

No comments: