Get Crackin'!
According to Democratic Presidential hopeful John Kerry, "I'll lure those who support Nader. Really? Well, he'd better get crackin'. To this point, I haven't seen anything that makes me want to vote for Bush-lite. To lure me away from the Nader camp I'll need to see the following:
1. a firm commitment to peaceful conflict resolution.
2. a concerted effort to address the current corporate welfare state.
3. support for a universal healthcare plan.
4. support for the equal rights of gays and lesbians (including marriage, NOT a civil union)
5. opposition to The Patriot Act.
6. support for the Equal Rights Amendment (legislation that guarantees equality in pay, job opportunities, insurance, social security, and education for women). Can you believe we STILL haven't added this amendment to the Constitution. How ridiculous is that?
There's a good list of starting points, Mr. Kerry. You've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. Once you've shown me your ardent support for these positions, I'll post the next half dozen.
No comments:
Post a Comment