Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hell Week

I finished grading 165 final papers just in time to start grading 165 final exams. I'm not sure if Finals Week is more difficult on the students or instructors. All the time I've spent sitting at my desk grading papers is becoming hazardous to my health, just ask my aching back. On top of school, I spent several hours tonight writing Mary and Charles' wedding ceremony. I think the rehearsal dinner is a week from Friday and the wedding proper is a week from Saturday or Sunday. This is my first crack at writing a secular ceremony from scratch and I think I did a damn fine job. Ultimately, Mary and Charles will be the judges of my ceremonial proficiency. Once the wedding is complete, I'll check and see if they mind if I post a copy for popular consumption.

I'm off to bed. I need to get up early tomorrow and hit the lap pool before giving another final. If I don't do something to stretch out my back (swimming usually does the trick), I'll be hobbled by the end of the week. I believe a massage may be on the horizon.

No comments: