Close Encounters
A UFO encounter covered by major news outlets?
BBC Coverage
CBS News
MSNBC
USA Today
There are those who believe that the US Government has known about the existence of extraterrestrial life since the 1940s. Why the secrecy? One of the claims is that the people of the world couldn't handle the full extent of the truth. In other words, if we understood just how prevalent intelligent life is in the universe, we'd have a huge Terran freakout. Some speculate that information will be leaked slowly to the public so that we can handle the change in our collective perspective.
What do I believe in regard to UFOs? Well, I can't imagine we're the only intelligent life in the entire universe. Consider that every star out there probably has some kind of planetary system, the odds are kind of odd that we'd be the only oasis capable of supporting life. Yes, I believe we probably aren't alone. That said, I'm pretty skeptical regarding the issue of visitation. If extraterrestrials are visiting Earth and people in the government are in the know, it would take a HUGE conspiracy to keep everyone quiet. Someone would eventually talk and they'd do so VERY publicly (as opposed to revealing the info on a SciFi channel "Investigative Report"). While I'd love to find out that benevolent aliens are all around us, I suspect that isn't the case.
Anyone want to visit the Roswell, NM UFO Festival with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment