Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Livewired!

Much to my surprise (read: I was still in bed), an expert from Small Town Electric arrived at our door around 8:30 AM this morning to run the new internet cable. After scoping the situation for 15 minutes or so, he came to the conclusion that running the cable through an interior wall would be next to impossible. The only real option was to run the cable underneath the vinyl siding of the house and enter the office through an old cable outlet. He did an admirable job snaking the cable around a couple corners and managed to make it all the way to the other side of the house with only a tiny bit--maybe an inch--visible at one particularly tricky obstacle. The exterior integrity of the house remains unchanged, we have hardwired cable access in the office, and the crowd goes wild. I believe a trip to the local Radio Shack may be in order. I have a media center set up in the office for cueing video tapes, reviewing DVDs, and the like for school. If a cable signal splitter doesn't degrade the signal too much, I may run cable to the television.

I managed to put together a good portion of the office/library/den tonight. STK's laptop is up to speed and I only have a couple more boxes to unpack. Framed movie and comic book posters will likely be hung tomorrow night. We're making progress, people!

1 comment:

Michael said...

We're supposed to get wired tomorrow between 8:00 and 12:00. I'll send you a celebratory e-mail when it happens.