TLO and I spent the morning watching an excavator rip buckets of dirt from our front lawn. Actually, we spent five minutes watching an excavator tear up the front lawn and then turned our attention to more pressing matters: a morning nap. Why was the excavator chomping bites of sod and loam from the front lawn? A simple plumbing replacement--the main shut off valve in the house had a slight leak--turned into a much bigger problem: a faulty exterior shut off valve between the water main and the interior of the house. The only way to reach the faulty part, unfortunately, was to dig down about 10 feet. Although a section of the lawn will probably need significant care over the next couple years to make a full recovery, the sidewalk and limestone wall escaped damage. Thank goodness for small things, I guess.
Never in a million years did I imagine I'd be posting to my blog about home repairs/improvements. Exciting stuff, eh? Did I mention I bought a shovel and heavy duty rake? I needed something to move around all that shifted dirt. Fun times.
Stay tuned for my weekend adventures mowing and weeding!
No comments:
Post a Comment