Wednesday, May 03, 2006

More Odds and Ends

In preparation for the official sendoff of The Albatross, we needed to do a handful of minor repairs. That's difficult to do when you're 900+ miles away from the former residence in question. Thankfully, we have the most excellent friends on the planet. Or is that in the solar system? Maybe even the entire galaxy? A quick shout out to J & C and they jumped on the job. We called the Handy Boys Sunday evening and asked if they'd take a look at the minor repairs. Two days later, the repairs are complete. We owe them. Big time.

STK reports that her Monday interview went as well as it could have possibly gone. She had no problem with any of the posed questions and feels like she connected with all three interviewers. She also reports that everyone at the school exudes Midwest "nice". The district is interviewing additional candidates over the next couple days and should make a decision by the end of the week. According the Prinicipal, STK should hear something, one way or the other, by the end of the upcoming weekend.

I checked my upcoming final exam schedule earlier tonight. Small Midwest College has an odd testing schedule: Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I've taught at five different schools and this is the only one where I've encountered Saturday testing. As luck would have it, all three of my final exams fall on Saturday. If I put my nose to the grindstone, I should have all tests graded and final grades calculated by Tuesday, May 16. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: