I had a really horrible mug of coffee at the end-of-year faculty meeting. The banana bread wasn't bad, though.
We're Colorado bound in less than an hour. Condo closing on Thursday. There will be much rejoicing when that whole affair is concluded. Time with Denver friends and family over the weekend. We'll be heading north to Loveland early next week to frolic with Northern Colorado friends and family. My 20th high school is reunion is a week from Saturday. Where has the time gone? We'll make our return to SMT on June 4th or 5th. If you're in the Colorado area and want to reach me, call my folks--they're in the book.
I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post, but I'll try to keep up. Have a safe Memorial Day, everyone.
3 comments:
How will I live without my daily dose of derek?? ;_;
Today was Thursday...
The Albatross is dead....
Long live the ????
We are trying to think of a good bird-metaphor-name for your new abode but are having trouble.
albatross |?alb??trôs; -?träs| noun ( pl. -trosses ) a very large oceanic bird related to the shearwaters, with long narrow wings. Albatrosses, some species of which have wingspans greater than 10 feet (3.3 m), are found mainly in the southern oceans, with three kinds in the North Pacific.
Laysan albatross
• Genera Diomedea and Phoebetria, family Diomedeidae: several species, including the sooty albatross ( P. fusca), Laysan albatross ( D. immutablis), and wandering albatross ( D. exulans),. • a source of frustration or guilt; an encumbrance (in allusion to Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner) : an albatross of a marriage.
OK, Bloggers! The game is afoot! Let's come up with a moniker for the house. Bird names are preferred. Must have a good poetry-based metaphor.
Emily Dickinson is, indeed, my favorite poet.
If someone can come up with a really good literary bird-metaphor-name, I'll put up one of those lame wood burned signs on our garage. How's that for a blogger prize?
Post a Comment