Woven into One Design
A week ago today, Kathleen and I started our life-long spiritual journey. While our actual ceremony was private (Kathleen, myself, and a spiritual healer were the only people present), we did manage to get most of it recorded on paper. Actually, Sandra Marie gave us a copy of the ceremony she wrote and I added our vows.
Make sure you visit the link that follows the script of the ceremony. Our friends John and Tess shot some photos of the reception and posted them on their website. In case you've never met us before, we're the ones with the matching tattoos.
INVOCATION
We call forth the Divine and Infinite Wisdom of those Great Beings of Light. Buddha, Christ, the Ascendant Masters and Angels. We also invite our ancestral Spirits to partake in this Divine Union between Kathleen and Derek. We ask that you open and fill our hearts with your presence, elevate our Spirits and lift us to a state of true joy as we celebrate this sacred moment.
Kathleen and Derek stand before you to affirm their Love and Commitment to each other, and to state what is in their hearts and ask your Divine Blessings for their Union. I ask that this spiritual partnership be uplifted and united in All That Is. And so it is!
FOUNDATION
Kathleen and Derek you are both entering into to this Spiritual Partnership as a result of the journeys you have both experienced. These journeys have presented you with challenges and opportunities for your Souls growth. These experiences have provided the rich soil for your love to grow. You have created together a strong foundation of affection, honesty, sensitivity, mutual support, respect and faith in yourselves, in each other and in the love you share. It is this foundation that has led you to the choice and commitment that you make today, the commitment to bind your spirits together in love and partnership, to nurture and respect each other’s uniqueness and individuality and to affirm your presence of being through the oneness and union of a true spiritual marriage.
CHARGE
So you stand here now, in the presence of Divine Spirit, ready to go forward in life together in a new way creating your unique Spiritual Partnership. One filled with spiritual awareness, love and joy, trust and perseverance, compassion and understanding, delightful surprises of discovery and sharing.
THE QUESTION
If you wish now to affirm your free choice of one another as partners, united in this Sacred Union, indicate that wish by join hands.
VOWS
Kathleen:
I, Kathleen Sue Burns, make a spiritual and physical commitment to love you as a friend, partner, and lover. I take your faults and strengths and offer you my faults and strengths. I love you as you are. I promise to share my life and all I am with you. I will always be honest and true with you. You are the light that brightens my mind and shows me a new world. Through love, I know we can face our fears and uncertainty with courage. You are a true partner. I will love you now and always.
Derek:
I, Derek, of my own free will, offer myself to you. In the name of Air, the element of knowledge, imagination, and enlightenment, I offer you intellectual engagement. In the name of Fire, the element of enthusiasm, freedom, and sensuality, I offer you impassioned dedication. In the name of Water, the element of compassion, sensitivity, and dreams, I offer you emotional support. In the name of Earth, the element of strength, stability, and stillness, I offer you physical companionship. In the name of Spirit, the element of transformation, transcendence, and harmony, I offer you a loving partnership.
RINGS
The ring is a circle. The circle is the symbol of the Sun, the Earth, and the Universe. It is a symbol of holiness, and of perfection and peace. It is also the symbol of the eternal spiritual truth, love, and life… that has no beginning and no end. And in this moment Kathleen and Derek have chosen for it to also be a symbol of the unity and their unending love.
Derek:
Kathleen, this ring is a symbol of my physical, emotional, and spiritual commitment to you.
Kathleen:
Derek, this ring is a symbol of my physical, emotional, and spiritual commitment to you.
PRAYER
Spirit of Love and Life, out of this whole world, two souls have found each other. Their destinies shall now be woven into one design, and the perils and their joys shall not be known apart.
Great Spirit with your love and devotion to us we ask your Blessings on these rings. The outward symbol of the love and devotion Derek and Kathleen share with each other. We ask that you fill the circle of their love with your love now and forever. Amen.
Photos
No comments:
Post a Comment