My force is no longer with me
I'm putting together a lecture on the use of ambiguous language (words or phrases that have more than one definition or interpretation). During one part of the discussion, I'm focusing on euphemisms or the use of innocuous words or phrases as a substitute for unpleasant or harmful words or phrases. For example, the phrase "I need a little space" is a euphemism for "Back off! You're annoying the hell out of me." While surfing the net for some examples of commonly used euphemisms, I came across the following David Letter Top Ten List.
Top Ten Star Wars Fan Euphemisms For Not Having A Girlfriend
10. Camping alone outside the theater.
9. My force is no longer with me.
8. The Death Star is not yet operational.
7. The Empire's striking out.
6. Shaking hands with the wookie.
5. Darth Vader has no place to put his helmet.
4. Oiling the droid.
3. Unable to set coordinates for the planet Babe.
2. Spending the night with Han Solo.
1. Tractor beam not powerful enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment