Tuesday, July 03, 2007

No Respect

Just when I thought I couldn't despise this president any more, he pulls yet another freakin' stunt.

Commuting Libby.

Paris Hilton serves three weeks for violating parole. Libby serves zero time for committing perjury in a case involving the intentional leak of a CIA operative's identity. Unfreakinbelievable.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm curious if you've read Keith Olbermann's take on the issue:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19588942/

Not to give away any spoiler, but he ends the piece by calling for Bush and Cheney both to resign.

An interesting read.

dilliwag said...

Well, I don't disagree with a lot of what Olbermann says in this piece. The behavior of Bush/Cheney and their cronies is reprehensible. What I don't like about Olbermann's piece is the lack of focus and the hyperbole. Stay focused on the subject at hand and I'm with him. When he starts straying into all the other issues, issues he's addressed repeatedly, the piece gets pretty over the top.

In the final analysis, absolutely nothing will come of any of this. Bush/Cheney will finish out there term and I bet you almost anything that another Republican President wings the White House. Why? Because the Democrats are about as incompetent as they come. Olbermann, a television personality, has to lead the charge against Bush's behavior? Pathetic.