Friday, July 13, 2007

The Feast: 151

Friday's Feast: 151*

Appetizer: What is your favorite fruit?
This is a really tough question as I love fruit. Bananas are probably my favorite, but I could also make a case for pears, apples (braeburns or granny smith), or a crunchy peach (crunchy, like an apple. I don't like the consistency of smushy peaches).

Soup: Who is someone you consider as a great role model?
Obi-wan Kenobi. Seriously. Someday, I'll spend an hour or so and put together an essay on why I admire Kenobi so much. He's spiritual, decisive, reflexive, and fallible.

Salad: If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?
In a corn or soybean field, most likely. There's really not much within an hour. We could camp at any number of riverside campgrounds.

Main Course: Name something you do too often.
Complain. I've become the most negative people I know. Not sure what that's about but it needs to change.

Dessert: Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.
I really like running because it's the only time I stop thinking.

5 comments:

Lord Mhoram said...

I agree with your main course.

I'd been looking over my blog and a number of my messageboard posts in the last few weeks, and boy have I been a downer. :)

And cool about Obi-wan. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, a runner. I'm a walker. Hello! *wave*

Oh yeah, I'd be right there for the camping by the riverside - we LOVE to camp.

Obi-wan Kenobi, eh? Interesting choice. *grin*

And stop with the pessimistic attitude! Think positive! :-)

Michael said...

Interesting...someone at work asked me the other day, "If you were any Star Wars character, which one would you be?" And I answered, "Ben Kenobi. The Sir Alec Guinness one, not the one from the prequels."

Anonymous said...

One of the points about meditation is to clear your mind. It give your conscious mind a rest and allows your your real intellect - the subconscious - a chance to sort through things.

I used to like to walk to meditate. I have a great book - "Wanderlust: A History of Walking" by Rebecca Solnit. You can buy it at your usual outlets - or get my old copy from Tess.

I have to mediate while driving these days. I much prefer walking - you go further. I bet old Ben Kenobi did a lot of walking our beyond the dune sea.

Susan A. Hubbard said...

"Obi-wan Kenobi. Seriously. Someday, I'll spend an hour or so and put together an essay on why I admire Kenobi so much. He's spiritual, decisive, reflexive, and fallible."

...and if youre the one from the new trilogy, really REALLY hot on top of all that ;D