Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weekly Reader: Mikhail, Mammoths, and Movie Merchandising

Mikhail Bakhtin. Good read on Bakhtin, a theorist who popped up frequently in my dissertation. The guy rolled cigarettes with some of his philosophical musings. Now that's an addiction.

Mammoths to Return? Paleolithic Park, anyone?

Movie Merchandising. Check out the #1 great moment in merchandising history. You don't know the power of the dark side! Speaking of merchandising, STK and I took in the 2.5 hour Transformers commercial over the 4th . . . and freaking loved it! Plot was light, effects were fantastic, and the entire experience was fun, fun, fun. We had so much fun that we'll probably see this in the theater for a second time. I haven't done that since a Star Wars movie. Would you believe I even got a little weepy eyed when Optimus talked about the importance of protecting humanity?

No comments: