Vice President Dick Cheney asserted that lawmakers' criticism will not influence Bush's plans and he dismissed any effort to "run a war by committee."
"The president is the commander in chief. He's the one who has to make these tough decisions," Cheney said.
How's that president making all the tough decisions approach been working out for ya, Dick? From where I'm sitting, war by committee has to be an improvement.
President Bush, facing opposition from both parties over his plan to send more troops to Iraq, said he has the authority to act no matter what Congress wants.
"I fully understand they could try to stop me from doing it. But I've made my decision. And we're going forward," Bush told CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to air Sunday night.
He is the decider, you know. This guy couldn't make a good decision if his life depended on it. We already know he can't make a good decision when other lives depend on it.
I have a headache. I need to quit reading the news for a few years.
1 comment:
Advil and no newspapers for the next two years. I think maybe i could get behind that too, though not necessarily for all the same reasons.
Speaking of which, I'm surprised you don't have this little Java applet on your blog somewhere:
http://bushclock.lose.com/
Post a Comment