Monday, January 09, 2006

Conversation Realities: Pants!

Me: I like those pants.*
Him: Thanks.
Me: Do you mind if I ask where you got them? I've been looking for pants that color?
Him: These? ::points to pants::
Me: Yes.
Him: Uh, no. My mother buys most of my clothes.**
Me: Shoot. Well, I'll keep looking!

*Corduroy pants somewhere between olive green and kelly green. A moss green, maybe?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

**This is 30ish man, married and two kids. His mother buys most of his clothes? Granted, my folks drop an item of clothing my way a couple times a year but its usually something simple like a flannel shirt or thermal underwear. Oh, and my mother is awesome about always including a gift receipt. My family is under strict order to not attempt to buy any everyday work or non-work clothes for me. Why the hell doesn't he know where his mom got those pants. I REALLY liked the color and style.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Him: Uh, no. My mother buys most of my clothes.

Cut the cord, man!

Anonymous said...

It could be that he is wearing clothes he had when he was under 18 (I still do) and therefore his mother technically possibly did buy them for him without the stigma--I could just be overthinking this.