Monday, October 03, 2005

Out Geeked!

Frakin' Nicholas Cage. I've been out geeked by a movie star? Several months ago, I revealed my attempts to name TLO "Obi-wan". My attempts failed. STK simply wouldn't go for it. She also rejected any association with Kyle Rayner, the hippest of the Green Lanterns. Why am I upset with Nicholas Cage, a movie star who really has nothing to do with my life whatsoever? Somehow, he convinced his wife to name their child ::wait for it::

Kal-El

How frakin cool is that? He gave his kid Superman's Kryptonian name! That is way too cool for school. Nick, there are days when I hate your acting (that eyes half closed thing doesn't do it for me), but you pegged out the geek-o-meter.

Bastard.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, but I bet you have him out-geeked in other ways :D

dilliwag said...

Would you believe I haven't read comics since around the 1st of August? My comic shop in Denver just shipped my hold file. I'll let you know what I think. I can't wait!

Michael said...

If any of you out there think I'm naming one of my kids 'Jean', forget it. Of course, Bill does have a son named Logan...

dilliwag said...

I was thinking more along the lines of Magnus, Mike.

Michael said...

Magnus Martin.

Like I'm going to do THAT to one of my kids.

dilliwag said...

Are you kidding? Magnus Martin sounds awesome! If you ever name a kid Magnus, I'll declare you more geekerific than Cage. I envy your opportunity; I obviously blew my chance.

Michael said...

Blew your chance? Who knows? There could be a TLO Mark II in your future. Stranger things have happened. My brother Sam, for example...

Anonymous said...

Heh that was definately cool :) buy derek, you still may have another chance :)
be well. ever gonna send me your email addy...or you gonna be another gene ? :D
Guess I'll have to make sure I can connect and read your blog.. got a few weeks behind goin up to NY

-Nicke

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://xynxppqg.com/unru/ntgq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ipkgxvho.com/yuha/ymrz.html]Cool site[/url]