For the past couple months, I've been thinking about my blog. While I feel okay with the "day in the life" style of posts that seem to dominate my little corner of the blogosphere, that's not why I started blogging. It was one of the reasons, but not the only reason. When I started blogging I envisioned Rhetorical Imprints as a place to practice my writing. Some of it would be fun writing, of course, but I really wanted to grapple with rhetorical studies, popular culture, politics, and spiritual practice. Most of that seems to have fallen by the wayside. These days, my blog reads more like Dear Diary than anything else. Bleh.
I'm hoping to return to a more diverse, and substantive, style of blogging. I'm also hoping to post more frequently. Best laid plans and all that . . .
6 comments:
Oh but I live for a "A day in the Life of Derek" :D
LOL susan. yes we do look forward to seeing how our friend is doing :)
I personally like "Day in the Life" as I miss you guys and like to hear what you're up to. It's one reason I like using LiveJournal - it's my journal so I don't have to feel so bad about just using it to ramble about my life.
Heh. Like my life is all that exciting ;) I'll keep doing the Day in the Life posts. It seems that's one of the main ways I keep in touch with a number of folks. That said, I'd like to do more here. We shall see, we shall see.
Absolutely post on whatever you want - its YOUR space :D
Im all about inane jibberish on mine, myself
I personally like the 'day in the life' stuff. It's about the only means I have of keeping up with you any more.
How about a happy medium: regular updates mixed in with liberal (pun intended) amounts of rants against the right?
Post a Comment