Years ago, during an almost three year hiatus from dating (a result of a divorce and the start of my Ph.D.), I developed a serious celebrity crush on Tara MacLean. Okay, this probably went beyond a celebrity crush. I've always understood that celebrities are virtually unapproachable--no matter how "right" you think might be for someone you'll likely never meet them face to face. Tara, however, was different. When she toured she played small venues like coffee houses, dive bars, etc. On two occasions, I actually had the opportunity to sit down with her and actually talk after a show (I pride myself in not being that typical, star struck fan). On one such occasion, I showed her my triskele tattoo. I discovered the design (I'd been looking for an appropriate triskele for almost a year) for my tattoo imprinted on one of Tara MacLean's CDs.* She saw the tattoo, screamed, and kissed it (it's on my back). ::swoon:: Then she yelled for her husband to check it out. That's right--husband. Knowing she was married, I never made my move.
As the years have gone by, I've followed Tara's career but always realized that I had no chance with a married woman. Now, to my surprise, I discover Tara is no longer married. I find the person with whom I'm going to spend the rest of my life and Tara decides to divorce? Damn you, Tara MacLean! What rotten timing! If this was four years ago, you and I could have had a tawdry affair every time you visited Denver! Unfortunately, you blew it with a silly marriage detour and lost your chance!
*You can see the design for my tattoo on the bottom of the index page for her website.
1 comment:
Let's see...torrid affair(s) with rock star, lifelong relationship with real human being. Hmmmm.
I think things worked out just fine for you, old friend. And you're damned lucky they did! ;)
Post a Comment