Saturday, October 30, 2004

Mememememememememememememe

From Mike by way of Cindy.

I AM: my own worst critic.
I WANT: a platinum blonde life, whatever that means. Actually, I really want a Honda Civic hybrid.
I HAVE: 35 assorted action figures on my desk.
I WISH: my dog could live as long as a human. He's pushing 10.5 years old and I dread the day he'll leave my side.
I HATE: automated phone campaigning. I already voted, damnit! Quit calling our number! And cell phones. I despise the damn things.
I MISS: cigarettes. Every. Freakin. Day.
I FEAR: I'll never land a tenure track job.
I HEAR: I'll make a good dad. Time will tell.
I SEARCH: the world for the perfect piece of black licorice.
I WONDER: if other planets harbor life.
I REGRET: many of the things I did during the drinking days. Not a day goes by when I don't think of someone I hurt and wish I'd behaved differently.
I ALWAYS: question my decisions. Repeatedly. Should I admit that publicly? Crap.
I AM NOT: a pseudo-intellectual liberal. I'm an authentic intellectual liberal, thanks.
I DANCE: whenever I go to a goth club.
I SING: in my car constantly.
I CRY: at movies, but rarely as a result of real life events. Go figure.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: the most pleasant of morning people.
I WRITE: the songs that make the whole world sing. Actually, I write obscure academic pieces that very few people will ever read.
I WON: a Midway Airlines coffee mug at an Old Chicago restaurant sometime during the early 1990s.
I LOST: a pair of Rayban sunglasses at a grocery store in the early 1990s.
I CONFUSE: what might happen with what is happening. As such, I spend a great deal of time freaking out about things that never come to pass.
I NEED: coffee. Several times a day.
I SHOULD: probably be working on my dissertation or a journal article.
MY FATHER THINKS I AM: weird.
MY MOTHER THINKS I AM: compassionate.
MAKES ME HAPPY: peace.
UPSETS ME: War. How anyone can see violent confrontation as a viable problem-solving strategy is completely beyond my comprehension.
THE PRETTIEST FEMALE I KNOW: Kathleen.
THE PRETTIEST MALE I KNOW: Johnny Depp.
THE WEIRDEST PERSON I KNOW: me.
THE LOUDEST PERSON I KNOW: Mark. Thank goodness I haven't seen him in months.
THE SEXIEST PERSON I KNOW: Kathleen. I could watch her dance for hours and hours.
YOUR CLOSE FRIENDS: Mike. Joe. Kathleen. Tess.
THE PERSON THAT KNOWS THE MOST ABOUT YOU: Kathleen.
MY MOST OVERUSED PHRASE:
THE LAST IMAGE/THOUGHT I GO TO SLEEP WITH: Usually some goofy thought about UFOs, Atlantis, ghosts, or other aspects of the paranormal. I listen to Coast to Coast AM as I fall asleep every night.
WANT TO GET MARRIED: Sure. In fact, I'd recommend several marriages. That's the only way to find the person with whom you're REALLY supposed to spend the rest of your life.
HAVE ANY TATTOOS WHERE? Four. Celtic triskele between my shoulder blades, a celtic crescent moon around my navel, Chinese script for "Tao" on my upper right arm, and the Chinese script for "Heaven and Earth" on my left upper arm.
SCREEN NAMES: Candidus (a pseudonymn used by Samuel Adams prior to the American Revolution).
SIGN: Pisces.
NATURAL HAIR COLOR: Brown.
CURRENT HAIR COLOR: Brown & grey.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Can we assume that your most overused phrase matches the title of your blog entry from when your computer went down...?