Saturday, October 30, 2004

Random Halloween Chaos

STK and I spent a fairly quiet weekend. While Halloween is our favorite holiday, neither of us were really up for major parties and craziness. So, our weekend looked something like the following.

Friday. We spent three hours waiting in line for early voting, 1.5 hours of which was spent in chilly weather made even more frigid by the wind. Failing to realize the cool temps, I wore a spring jacket and froze my ass off. Okay, not all the way off but I did manage to chill myself to the bone. The wind and cold did wonders for my "kind of" cold--sometimes I feel like I kind of have a cold and sometimes I don't. Feeling sniffly, we begged off a Dia de le Muertos party we were supposed to attend and opted for a home viewing of Army of Darkness.

Saturday. Spent several hours updating my wardrobe, something that hadn't been done in a couple years. Purchased new black undershirts, two dress shirts, three pairs of dress pants (2 black, 1 green), and two vests (1 burgundy/1 silver--each has real pockets for my pocket watch). I'm heading off to a convention in November and need to dress slick. After the shopping spree, I went out for a late afternoon run. To continue our home holiday festivities, STK and I watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and the Halloween episode from the 2nd season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Sunday. We're planning on catching Ju-on, the original Japanese version of The Grudge (we'll probably see the American version in the next couple weeks). That will likely wrap up our Halloween festivities.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Army of Darkness - the king of campy comedy/horror flicks.

Hail to the king, baby.