The fact that elected officials scored a pathetic 44% on a "test measuring civic knowledge" is frightening. The people who constitute our civic structure can't even manage a passing grade? We have no hope as a country.
For the record, I scored a 30/33 (90.91%). You can take the test here. Not bad for a guy who took high school civics from a teacher who spent more time drawing up basketball plays than actually teaching civics. In all fairness to that slacker teacher (nice guy--he attended my church and I was friends with his daughter--but a burned out teacher), I gained much of my civics knowledge while studying for my Political Science minor way back when.
5 comments:
I got the same 30/33.
I expected to do worse, there were a few I narrowed down to two, and I jumped the right way.
The financial stuff at the end I never studied, and 2 of my three were there.
I find it pathetic the results on this that have hit the news.
I got lucky on a couple of the economics questions, too, Mhoram.
I also got 30/33, which was a relief. I'd question my history background if I'd done any worse!
I did not do as well I got 29/33 but I did not think that civics and economics were considered the same. I lost my points on the econ questions.
"You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %"
I'm shocked.
Post a Comment