I received an ambiguously worded email from a student earlier today. The email, and I'm paraphrasing here, said something like "Do you have time to meet tomorrow? I'd like to go over a few things." Kind of cryptic, right? Not really. I guarantee this students wants to:
A) complain about a grade
or
B) request extra credit.
Count on it. You can also count on the fact that Option A will not result in a changed grade (unless I've made an error of some kind) and Option B will not result in any additional work for extra credit. Credit is awarded for doing the work the first time around; there are no do overs in college.
Speaking of students, I finally got caught up on all my grading. I fell behind right before fall break which means I've had my nose buried in tests, reflection papers, and think pieces for the better part of three weeks. Thank goodness my head is above water again.
1 comment:
That's just mean! Yikes! what have we come to when an undergraduate just cannot ply his persuasive craft on faculty members, and get away with a bit of special consideration... : )
I swear, if it were me I'd give the student a better grade (a whole grade), and tell them not to worry about extra credit or nuthin! I mean, they're trying!
: )
Post a Comment