After mhoram and I exchanged some words regarding Proposition 8, I thought I'd spend some time composing a treatise on the difference between personal conviction and the public good and how their are times when the latter needs to trump the former. But then I realized that the argument isn't all that unique, that mhoram is a smart guy, and that he's heard me spout my line of reasoning before. So, I'm going to just leave it alone.
I'm also going to see if I can depoliticize my life for a bit. Since July, I've been doing a considerable amount of academic writing around the election. Couple that with my own personal interest in political change and you wind up with a political blog. That's not really what I intended for this space when I started out. Time to lighten the blog up a little bit.
2 comments:
And I'll back off any political commentary as well. :)
So, I'm going to just leave it alone.
I'm also going to see if I can depoliticize my life for a bit.
That's pretty much how I feel, too. I spent one day thinking up a response to your previous blog post--it was a good one, too!--but ultimately I decided it was time to, as you Blue types like to say, move on. :)
So that's three of us, then. Maybe we can get the rest of the country to follow our example and turn down the rhetoric and animosity a little. We can always hope....
Post a Comment