Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Freeze Meister

A student emailed and asked for an extension on a paper. A friend from high school died and the student was rather shocked to hear the news. No travel to a funeral or anything, but not able to do any work. I rejected the request for an extension. Am I being cold and callous or are there times in our lives when we need to deal with tragedy and continue on with our day to day affairs?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some time in the future, if he truly is in the game to learn something, he'll realize you did the right thing.

Go Nuggets!

dilliwag said...

Go Nuggets, indeed! I'm remaining guardedly optimistic. This team absolutely broke my heart in February. Those dogs still exist somewhere on that team.

Michael said...

I'd say that if he can provide proof positive of the event (e.g., a link to an obituary or the like), I'd probably give him a couple of extra days. Otherwise, no. But that's just me.