Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Answer

I don't mention my obsession with the Denver Nuggets very often on this weblog, but suffice it to say that my love of the Nuggets surpasses that of the Chicago Cubs. Strange, but true.* Having suffered through almost 20 years of mediocrity, the Nuggets have finally started to turn things around. The most recent move by the Nuggets' front office is definitely exciting.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Will Iverson catapult the Nuggets to the next level? Are there enough shots for both Melo and AI? Will the move turn into a disaster? Who knows. What I do know is that for the first time in a very, very, very long time, the front office made a big move. It might work, it might not. This could be "the move" or it could be a train wreck. I really don't care. I'll be here to listen to it all.** For the first time in years, it's truly an exciting time to be a fan.

*The '94 strike soured me on baseball and I've never really followed the sport in the same way. I'm a box score fan, really. I can't tell you the last time I actually watched a game.

**Given our current locale, I don't get to see many televised games. Our digital cable company can't seem to come to any kind of arrangement with the NBA so I can't purchase access to the games either. If we had that option available, I'd shell out the $200 a year. Count on it. Thankfully, I am able to pay for radio access via the internets to all the games for $20 a year. I spend many a night grading papers or putting together lesson plans while listening to the Nuggets.

1 comment:

Susan A. Hubbard said...

http://www.sopcast.com/index.jsp

Live internet sports