Friday's Feast, December 08, 2006
Appetizer--Which language would you like to learn and why?
Spanish. I've wanted to learn the language for years and never got around to it. I think Spanish is the one language I might actually use. Would you believe I made it all the way to my Ph.D. without ever taking a foreign language? How the heck did that happen?
Soup--What's the funniest thing you've heard or read so far this week?
A couple nights back, J suggested the following name for a communication studies themed bakery: ethos, bakos (pronounced "bake-ohs"), and logos. Freakin hysterical. I've been laughing about it for days.
Salad--Which movie was so bad you couldn't watch the whole thing?
I don't think I've ever stopped watching a movie no matter how bad. Are there times when I wanted to quit watching? Sure. I'm a glutton for punishment. One movie I believe is atrocious beyond measure is Some Kind of Wonderful. What a frelling horrible film. One of my good friends in college loved the film and insisted I watch it. I sat through the whole thing. 95 minutes of my life. Gone. Thank goodness we had tons of beer.
Main Course--If there were a holiday in your honor that didn't use your actual name, what would the day be called?
What a weird question. How about Geek Cool day. This is the day when everyone celebrates their inner geek, guilty pleasures, and what not.
Dessert--Name one movie which is coming out soon that you would like to see.
I'd love to see The Fountain (it's already out), but I suspect it won't make it to our remote corner of the Midwest.
No comments:
Post a Comment