Friday, November 17, 2006

Oops

I had a nice long post typed out recounting the disaster that is my trip to our national convention. Suffice it to say that I've been sick the whole frelling trip. As the plane descended to San Antonio, our host city, I noticed some rather nasty sinus pressure. By late evening the chills, temperature, headache, and sore throat took up residence in my body. Despite copious amounts of Zicam, ibuprofen, and various other remedies, I'm still not up to snuff. I missed my panel (and slept), made a quick tour of the book exhibit earlier today, and retired to my hotel room.

To add insult to injury, I just spilled a cup of coffee on the table and some of the coffee apparently worked its way into the laptop. Error. Crack. Snapple. Pop. Shut down. An hour later, I managed to get the thing started in Safe Mode. A few minutes later, all systems seem to be restored to normal ::crosses fingers:: A new laptop purchase is inevitable as this one is WAY old, but I was hoping to wait until after the holiday season. Let's hope it holds out a couple more months.

What a freakin' trip. I can't wait to go home.

No comments: