Friday, August 04, 2006

Feast

The Feast!

Appetizer--Name an actor or actress you think is totally underappreciated.
I'll offer a few, actually.
Actor: Tony Shalhoub. His portrayal of quirky characters is top notch. I also think the collected work of Rutger Hauer has been overlooked.
Actress: Natalie Portman. Yeah, she sucked in the SW prequels. The magnificent directing of George Lucas sucked the life right out of her. Still, she was most excellent in The Professional, Closer, and Garden State. The Charlies' Angels flicks aside, I think Drew Barrymore is grossly underappreciated. How could you not love her work the Wedding Singer and Never Been Kissed?

Soup--Impress us by using a big word in a sentence.
A good start to examining the field of rhetorical studies would be to trace the body of literature positioning rhetoric as epistemic, hermeneutic, and/or performative.

Salad--What is something inanimate that you've given a name to (such as a pet rock)?
Old car: The Cucumber Wagon
Condo: The Albatross

Main Course--What color would best represent your personality and why?
On many days, I'm a green. Green is very life affirming and supportive; I'd like to think I embody those ideas. On other days, I'm definitely more of a black. There's a nasty side to me that sneaks out now and again.

Dessert--Fill in the blanks: ____________ is so ____________.
As I've said before, the new Gap commercial is so damn cool.

No comments: