Thursday, August 03, 2006

Coffee Geek

I saw this meme on a message board and couldn't pass it up.

1. Decaf or Caff?
Caffeinated, of course. Drinking decaf is like smoking without inhaling; what's the point?

2. How many cups a day?
12 cups. I have four in the morning, four in the early afternoon, and four between 9 PM and midnight. No, it doesn't keep me awake.

3. What do you put in your coffee?
A splash of half and half in the morning, a splash of soy creamer the rest of the day.

4. What do you like to eat with your coffee?
A good bagel with my morning coffee is a simple pleasure. The rest of the day, I don't eat anything with my coffee.

5. Do you drink it because you like the flavor or because you need the stimulant?
I LOVE the taste of coffee. The stimulant side effect, which really only lasts for about 20 minutes, is just icing on the cake.

6. What is your favorite brand/kind of coffee.
Kaladi Bros, without a doubt. I prefer the Trieste and Puravida blends, but the Sulawesi Toraja White Eagle is also divine. Dazbog has some good roasts, too, particularly the White Nights Espresso. Caribou Coffee is a distant third.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know you I'd say you were full of shit when you say "and four between 9 PM and midnight. No, it doesn't keep me awake." considering you posted this at 1:11am on a weekday. Most "normal" people are sleeping then. Kinda ironic, eh?

dilliwag said...

Charles--I think it's relatively safe to say that I'm rarely asleep before 1:30, coffee or no. If I had my druthers, I'd stay up until 3 AM and awake around 9.

curmudgeon: Peru Andes is also very tasty. The Bolivian makes for a rich afternoon cup of java.